As you may already know Boston Big Local was given £1 Million to spend over 10 years.
We plan to invest in many community projects and have also set £100,000 aside for a major project in our final year, which is 2025.
We are now looking for your feedback on 2 questions:
What community projects would you like to see in the BBL area?
What would you like the £100,000 major project to be?
To share your views please fill in the form at the bottom of this page or alternatively, you can email your views to email@example.com marking it with the subject – BBL Ideas.
Some suggestions we have had for community projects are:
- Giant Chess in Central Park
- Community Rock Choir
- Community Artist to teach painting
- Volunteers to clean up the town
- More events including Party in the Park and more events for children
- Every ward to have a working group
- Improve the Market and more Shops
- Moreover 60’s groups
- Walk-in-centre for young people with mental health issues/meeting place to go and talk to
- Exercise group for Mum’s and daughters
- Homeless centre
- Wishing fountain in the centre of town
- Exercise equipment in Shelton’s field
- Free toilets
- Family sports day
- Healthy eating for families
- Carnival to raise community spirit
- More Benches to sit on around the town
- More Toddler groups for Young mum’s and dad’s to attend
- More multi-use games areas
- Outdoor fitness classes for families to exercise together
- Better network for those with mental health – especially for youngsters
Some suggestions for the £100k major project have been:
- Homeless shelter
- A Bandstand in central park
- Band Stand in Central Park
- Look after what the youngsters would like if they are happy I am happy
- More events – The ones that are organised are brilliant so more, please
- A water splash zone in Central Park
- A new Skate-park